The second and final day of the Judge Dredd campaign took place on Wednesday (25th February). Again we had 10 players continuing to battle it out over two or three games in the evening.
At the end of the evening the champion was identified as Simon with his zombie horde. The prize was a great Judges badge to commemorate the event. Andy came in a very close second with his Klegg Invasion force.
I think that the two day event worked well with most people getting either 4 or 5 games in over the two days. It is a very quick game and lends itself to short campaigns very well.
Rules and figures can be obtained from Warlord Games and Mongoose, though most sci-fi figures will work.
I’m running a short two week Judge Dredd campaign at the club over the two Wednesdays 11th & 18th February. So far I’ve got 7 players signed up but am hoping for a few more if possible.
We’re using the rules from Warlord Games (as were Mongoose), which offer some very fast thematic games from the Judge Dredd Megacity One universe. There are a whole host of different factions available including;
- The Justice Department (The Judges)
- Brit-Cit Justice Department (the British version of the Megacity One Judges)
- The City-Def (cliche futuristic national guard weekend soldier types)
- Street Gang (classic dark future types),
- Ape Gang (gorillas, chimps and orangutangs – you gotta love it),
- Mobsters (Mafia and such like),
- a Fattie Stampede (the faddishly super fat of the future on the rampage),
- Cursed Earth Desperadoes (muties from the radiated wastelands),
- East Meg Invasion Force (cold war future soviet stereotypes)
- Apocalypse War Resistance Unit (Megacity one mishmash),
- Sky Surfer Gang (street gangs on flying surfboards!),
- Lone Vigilante (gadgetted up super-hero ala Batman type with sidekick),
- Chief Judge Cal’s Retinue (a parody of Caligula Caesar in the future),
- Zombie Horde (future undead types),
- Renegade Robots (Robot rebellion),
- the Angel Gang (badass gang from the wastelands)
- the Dark Judges (seriously messed up Judges from another universe)
- and even a Demonic Cabal (as if what already existed in Megacity One wasn’t enough someone wants to add even more demonic madness to the mix!)
I’ve limited the campaign by restricting the Angel Gang, the Dark Judges, and the Demonic Cabal, but I believe that there should be enough of a choice for most people to be satisfied.
We’ll be starting with 500 point gangs and I’m hoping that we’ll get three games in on the first Wednesday, and likely only 2 games in on the second day due to the gangs growing (hopefully).
Whilst you can probably pick up most of the official stuff cheaper on eBay you can often get fairly good deals on Warlords site;
Alternatively check out Mongoose
Of course you’re not constrained to the official figures and there are a lot of lovely alternatives which could be co-opted into your gangs. I may revisit this in a future posting.